Dr. Ashley Chennankara
Medical Eye Care
Dr. Ashley ChennankaraMedical Eye Care *I have sought out opportunities to practice optometry in medical settings Baylor Scott & White Hospital in Temple, Texas where I spent several years providing care for residents of the Central Texas area.* Since 2013 Dr. Chennankara has coordinated patient care with central Texas family practice physicians and urgent care clinics seeing patients for ocular emergencies as well as routine care for patients with complex health and eye conditions such as glaucoma
- Board Certified by American Board of Optometry, 2013
- Certified Optometric Glaucoma Specialist, Texas Optometry Board, 2010
- Therapeutic Optometrist, Texas Optometry Board, 2010
- Doctorate of Optometry, University of Houston, 2010
- Externship, Central Texas Veterans' Health Care System, Waco/Temple 2010
- Externship, Cedar Springs Eye Clinic (formerly Bridge Builders Eye Clinic), Dallas 2009
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Austin College, 2006
" My greatest joy as an optometrist is helping my patients understand the health of their eyes, which is vital to their overall well-being. "
A Native Texan
" I am glad to be back in North Texas where I was born and raised and to be a part of the Total Eye Care team, which strives to be at the forefront of the field with cutting edge technology for diagnosis and management of ocular conditions. "
Dr. Chennankara maintains office hours at Total Eye Care's Colleyville office and Keller / Southlake office.